Protection & Control
AES has decades of experience to ensure that your protection and control systems are properly designed, programmed, commissioned and maintained.
Whether it’s a basic feeder changeout, a grid modernization initiative or the most complex transmission line protection package changeout, AES provides a full range of engineering, design, planning and construction management services for protection and controls projects.
Our scope of services includes:
- Relay upgrades
- Relay changeout programs
- Short circuit and coordination studies
- Arc flash studies and analysis
- Relay program setting and program file development
- Relay standards development
- Relay database management
- SCADA and PLC control systems
- Constructability reviews
- Panel design and fabrication to construction management
- Peer review
- QA/QC development
- Field testing programs
AES also provides power system studies and analysis and utilizes the most up-to-date software, including EasyPower, SKM PowerTools, PSS/E, ETAP and ASPEN OneLiner. Whether you are starting off with a new study or you’ve had the system modeled in a legacy format, AES offers a cost-effective solution to meet your specific requirements.