AES supports a variety of renewable energy projects including landfill gas, renewable natural gas, solar and wind.
AES supports the renewable energy markets with a wide range of services and capabilities for engineering firms, utilities, municipalities, contractors, installers and developers. With a staff of professional engineers, electricians and dedicated field service technicians all specializing in the discipline, AES has grown to become a trusted leader and go-to partner for the design and commissioning of large-scale renewable energy projects.
Our scope of services includes:
- Complete system design
- Initial impact studies
- Power system studies
- Development of interconnection one-line diagrams
- Interconnect service agreements
- Medium voltage distribution and protection and control equipment specification
- Constructability reviews (AC & DC)
- Plans and specification development from conceptual to as-built drawing packages
- Development of utility witness test plans
- Development of relay/RTU setting and program files
In addition to engineering services, AES’s field service engineers provide:
- Acceptance testing for low-, medium- and high-voltage electrical equipment.
- Commissioning of protection and control systems
- SCADA/RTU communications programming
- In-service checks upon energization
- Functional testing of auto restoration schemes
- Troubleshooting services once a system is online
AES designs and assembles protective relay and communications control panels. With our in-house engineering, fabricators, wireman and technicians, AES can design, build and commission this equipment prior to arrival on site. And once the renewable energy assets are in service, AES can assist owners and O&M groups with maintenance and testing plans specific to your site and needs.
Landfill Gas and Renewable Natural Gas
AES delivers landfill gas and renewable natural gas projects—from conceptual design through utility interconnection. This includes the coordination of interfaces for relay protection and switchgear, as well as control wiring for low- and medium-voltage distribution systems. And, you can leverage our capabilities end-to-end, tying these projects to your SCADA and control systems.
AES delivers a wide range of services to the solar market--from complete system design, including interconnection one-line diagrams, AC interconnection, monitoring, metering, combiner box design, DC string calculations, inverter interconnection, security cameras and perimeter lighting, and initial impact and power system studies, to assisting stakeholders with owner’s engineering activities, development of interconnect service agreements, utility witness test plans and relay/RTU setting and program files, and specifying/procuring medium voltage distribution.
AES delivers complete wind turbine generation projects, including utility interconnection, where the energy can be sold back to the utility or to an adjacent energy user. Robust design capabilities include switchgear, underground duct banks and fiber optic communications infrastructure. Additionally, AES coordinates your control interfaces between and among your interconnect protection relays, switchgears and turbines.